Miloco 5-a-side Tournament 2007, Information Page
You can be heroes (just for one day)
We are pleased to announce that this year's tournament will be sponsored by Red Stripe, who will be kindly providing beer for participants on the day.
OK Ladies and gents, the clock is ticking...
Should you want to challenge for an exceptionally awesome prize of free studio time at one of London's finest recording studios, you should read on.
The Miloco 5-a-side championships are back. To continue the ongoing success of this now infamous occasion, the music industry will gather to make friends off the pitch and, if last year's compelling chaos is anything to go by, enemy's on it. Some will triumph, others will crash and burn, some even might get to take on the A&R guys who turned them down (you never know!!). However all will be guaranteed to leave with beaming smiles on their faces after a simply stupendous afternoon of sporting escapism.
KO @ Battersea Park is on Thursday 12th July at 2pm. If you fancy the opportunity of winning some studio time, taking on some rock stars, getting your hands on the glory, (questioning a referee's parentage), and having a jolly good time with or without the assistance of the complimentary booze (you heard it!) call Richard today on 020 7232 0008.
1st Place - a day in Musikbox
2nd Place - a day in The Garden
3rd Place - a day in The SSL Room
4th Place - a day in The Pool
To Cut To The Chase:
We are offering free studio time - how often do you hear that!! To win a day in a Miloco studio, teams must finish in the top four where they will also be decorated with medals and filled with bubbly! Even the worst teams get to drink their fill of complimentary lager-based beverages, in case your uselessness is met by a cruel barrage of mockery, and hence there is pain needing to be eased!! You've really nothing to lose.
Some key facts about this year's tournament:
To register you'll need to complete our Application Form. As well as a few important bits, it includes such invasive questions as 'Will your team be training for more than 5 minutes?', 'How far do you think you'll get?' and 'What's your team's motto?' so we can get to know a bit more about all the budding competitors.
Please note: when you sign up your team we'll need to take your Credit Card details and if you don't turn up on the day you'll be charged a £50 cancellation fee. Sorry about this, but it's a necessary step after a few teams failed to turn up last year and drove a cart through all our delicate preparations.
1. No football boots or trainers with blades - the pitches are Astroturf and the referees are very strict: normal-sole trainers ONLY please. (Or else you'll have to play in your socks and get your toes flattened and squished).
2. No drinking or smoking...on or close to the pitches. There will of course be plenty of free booze on offer, but please keep your necking outside the pitches. Sticky pitches = angry referees = large fines.
3. Miloco's own team is allowed to progress unhindered (and without sweating, injury, abuse, or raking challenges) to at least the semi-final stage. Oh go on, we never do very well. It'd make our day.
4. It's 5-a-side but you'll want a few subs. It's thirsty work. We recommend teams of at least 8.
5. Please bring matching kits for all your team members. We've got some bad bibs if needed, but, let's be honest, few folk like the decade-old sweat of strangers close to their skin.
6. The area. Outfield players can't enter the area. Goalkeepers can't leave their area. Freekicks and penalties awarded as a result (just ask Roll Deep).
7. The ball can't go above head height. Please note: you are not allowed to field elongated mutants on stilts to expose the loose definition of this rule.
So, to conclude, rustle up a team of eager footyballers, give Richard a call (quickly), register your team, fill out our merry Application Form, start practicing your keepy-uppies, turn up, then roll over or rollick your way to glory. Easy.
Teams Entered So Far:
Towers Of London (defending champions)
Gillian Glover Team
Grand Union HiJack
Vita Ross (Vita's Vipers)
Stephen Budd Management
Big Life Management
Previous years' match reports and photos on the submenu above.
Location: Battersea Park map ('all weather Sports Pitches' - bottom left) can be found here.
Richard's phone number: 020 7232 0008
Richard's email: firstname.lastname@example.org